How do I get started listening like an A&R rep?
A&R reps use their “golden ears” to be aware of the sounds people are listening to and searching for. This allows them to identify hit songs, classic tracks, and flops.
This is a music learning mini-playlist.
- Choose one of the following approaches to getting started making a beat
- You might want to take a look at each option to see what is involved
- To complete this XP you only need to do one of the following options but you are welcome to do more if you like:
Option A: Pump it or Dump it?
Option B: Build your audio catalog/library
Option C: Create your own playlists
Option D: Resequence albums
Share What you Learned
If you are using the LRNG platform:
- Go back, find out what to submit, and complete the XP
- If you want, you can then try the other options
If you are not using the LRNG platform:
- Continue below and share with your teacher or organization:
Sharing What You Learned
- Write a brief post or share a video selfie that explains which approach you tried to get started making a beat
- Include a link to the app, beat you listened to, or tutorial you used and let us know what you like about it and how it helped you get started
Return to the Getting Started Producing Music Playlist