How can beatmakers sample the same song in different ways?
Beat makers often use the same samples in their music or sample the same song, but can achieve different results.
- How can beatmakers sample the same song in different ways?
- What is it about certain songs that make people want to sample them?
- What can we learn from listening to the original source of a sample that is used in a newer song?
- Check out whosampled.com to find out about the samples used in famous beats
- [warning: there may music that some people consider inappropriate included in whosampled.com]
- Listen to the original song that was sampled
- Then listen to some other examples of songs that also used the same sample
For example: Check out how over 1,000 songs include a sample from James Brown’s song Funky Drummer
Share What you Learned
If you are using the LRNG platform:
- You do not need to submit anything for this XP
- You should be able to articulate what you learned from exploring WhoSampled.com
If you are not using the LRNG platform:
- Continue below and share with your teacher or organization:
Sharing What You Learned
- Share what you learned while exploring Whosampled.com and explain how an old recording can be used in a new beat
Return to How is sampling a part of making a beat? (continue to the next XP in the mini-playlist)
Return to the Getting Started Making Beats Music Learning Playlist