XP 2: How do I choose sounds when making a beat?
Choosing sounds is an important part of making beats. What decisions do you think are involved in choosing sounds?
- Why do beat makers choose certain sounds over others?
- What makes a good sound for a beat?
- How do I choose sounds when making a beat?
- Listen to one of your favorite songs and try to identify the different sounds you hear.
- Try to answer some of the following questions:
- How does the song organize and balance the sounds?
- Do the sounds repeat or form patterns?
- How would you describe each of the sounds?
- What do they sound like?
- What emotions do they evoke?
- How do you feel when you hear each sound?
- What instruments can you hear?
- Do some of the sounds seem like imitations of instruments?
Share What you Learned
If you are using the LRNG platform:
- Go back, find out what to submit, and complete the XP