What types of instruments and interfaces can I make?
What kind of instrument or interface do I want to create?
What ideas can I borrow from other people?
Where can I go for inspiration in creating an instrument or interface?
With some skills and knowledge, the possibilities are endless when it comes to creating an instrument or interface! Sometimes it is helpful to look at what other people do to get some ideas or inspiration.
Take a look at some of the instruments and interfaces in the gallery below.
This playlist will focus on creating an instrument or interface that has some digital components such as microcontrollers and coding. You can focus on the “type” of instruments that are labeled “digital” or look at whatever else interests you to get inspired!
- Click on one or two of the instruments or interfaces that you find most interesting or closest to what you might want to create.
- Click on the URLs for your selection to learn more about those instruments and interfaces
- What ideas does this give you for creating your own instrument?
Go Even Further (optional)
If you want to find even more instruments and interfaces that people make, check out some of these sites and search for any of the following words “audio” “sound” “music” “MIDI”
Share What You Learned
- Share a link to the instrument(s) that you find most interesting or inspiring
- Discuss what ideas the instrument gives you for creating your own instrument